Welcome to India

Welcome to India

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Valadictory...

Okey dokey so tomorrow I leave for Goa and classes are officially over. I have finals when I get back from the beach which shall prove interesting seeing as studying on the beach is one of the last things I like to do while attempting to tan and swim but we'll see.
The Valadictory was 2 days ago on Tuesday afternoon. We had classes in the morning and then I went over to Andreas house with Annie, Alison and Andrea to get dressed up. I had bought my saree last week and gave it to the tailor and then picked it up Monday night...hoping it would fit me. Thankfully it did :) It's a dark greenish color-with a hint of blue in it-and a brown/maroon blouse. I like it a whooooole lot...although I still don't know the correct way to wear it so who knows if I'll be able to wear it at home. I did take a few pics at this photo shop place because I was feeling cool so I decided why not-I'll get a few professional pics. haha So we'll see if any of those pics turn out or not.
The Valadictory was a really fun program. The underclassmen were in charge. They performed a few dances, songs and games for all of us. We were also served some snacks and ice cream during the performance which I've found is a pretty Indian thing to do. It was delicious :) Then we took a bunch of pictures which I need to get from my roommates. They wanted ones of all the BSW students all together and so they had people standing on sketchy chairs and desks hahaha thankfully, no one fell down.
I've been trying to get everything together and situated but it's harder than I thought it would be. I need to write field reports, study for classes, pack my bags, and get all the loose ends tied up together in a beautiful bow.
Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment